A “Ghost Agency” is an agency which does not have anyone working for the organization that is qualified to sign documents as a Third Party Representative. On June 28th the Federal Government, through Bill C35, drew a line in the sand which distinguishes the two types of agencies. (Ghost, and Legitimate)
You may notice in our Preferred Team Profile that we are owned by an Immigration Consultant. Our Immigration Consultant is a current member of ICCRC as a registered Immigration Consultant.
Preferred will carry on working with the ICCRC in order to best service our clients and continue to comply with Government Standards. Using an agency which is not in compliance with one of the two mandatory qualifications (Lawyer or Immigration Consultant) as the CIC and HRSDC advertises is working with a non-licensed agency.
There are many Non-Licensed Agencies on the internet. Here are some questions you should be asking of such agencies. Be very careful, many charge the workers enormous fees in cash which can never be traced, and does not even enter Canada.
- Do you have a Business License?
- Do you have Qualified Personnel to meet CIC and HRSDC standards?
- Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau or Chamber of Commerce?
- Are you allowed to charge money for services without a third party professional? (No)
- Do you know what you are doing?
- What type of guarantees do you offer your clients?
- Does your company pay taxes?