A “Ghost Agency” is an agency which does not have anyone working for the organization that is qualified to sign documents as a Third Party Representative. On June 28th the Federal Government, through Bill C35, drew a line in the sand which distinguishes the two types of agencies. (Ghost, and Legitimate)
You may notice in our Preferred Team Profile that we work with an Immigration Consultant, as well as, a Lawyer. Our Immigration Consultant is a graduate of the Humber College Immigration Consultant Program (with Distinction), And is a current member of ICCRC as an immigration consultant.
Preferred will carry on working with both Pierre Boileau LLP, as well as, Heather Gomme (Immigration Consultant) in order to best service our clients and continue to comply with Government Standards. Using an agency which is not in compliance with one of the two mandatory qualifications (Lawyer or Immigration Consultant) as the CIC and HRSDC advertises is working with a non-licensed agency.
There are many Non-Licensed Agencies on the internet. Here are some questions you should be asking of such agencies.
- Do you have a Business License?
- Do you have Qualified Personnel to meet CIC and HRSDC standards?
- Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau or Chamber of Commerce?
- Are you allowed to charge money for services without a third party professional? (No)
- Do you know what you are doing?
- What type of guarantees do you offer your clients?
- Does your company pay taxes?