Alberta Please Call: 1-800-899-8841
Ontario Please Call: (416) 499-3400
There is no cost or obligation to conduct a search of nannies available. A one-year guarantee of service commences upon the nannies’s first workday.
Minimum Monthly Wage: $1927.64 AB*
Room and board is presently valued at a maximum of $420.36 depending how many meals are consumed, and may be deducted if the employee will be living with the family. Deductions for EI, CPP and income tax are taken from the gross monthly wage. This salary covers a 44.0 hour work week (may be flexible).
* This salary represents the minimum monthly wage for caregivers in the province of Alberta. If you live outside Alberta, please refer to our Provincial Labour Legislation page to determine the minimum monthly wage for your province.
If the nanny is to be employed outside of the city limits, the employer is responsible for transportation (one way) to the location of employment. If the nanny is hired overseas, all transportation costs are the employers responsibility.
The cost of heath care is the employers responsibility. If you hire an overseas candidate, Preferred will arrange for health care documentation upon arrival.
Health care is free in Alberta at this time. Each province in Canada has its own Health care fee structure.
All employee and employer contracts are renewable after one year. If the caregiver wishes to resign, or is let go after three months, one weeks notice or one weeks severance pay is required to terminate the employment. After two years of employment, two weeks notice must be provided.
Employers must meet and follow all provincial labor laws. Overseas candidates require an employment authorization to work in Canada. Preferred will complete all required documentation for HRDC and Immigration Canada on your behalf. For candidates already in Canada, there is little to no waiting period.
Preferred Personnel of Canada Inc. provides a twelve-month guarantee which commences on the nannies first work day. If the nanny leaves the position, Preferred Personnel of Canada Inc. will be responsible for replacement for the remainder of the one-year contract.
The Agency’s Services:
- Decades of Human Resource expertise
- Largest database of caregivers in Canada and abroad
- The only agency that supplies local nannies
- In-house interviews and on-going employment assistance to nannies
- No fees, salary deductions or conscripted courses to local nannies, assuring that the best of the best come to Preferred – first!
- No fees/obligations for a personal consultation to assess your family’s requirements
- Due diligence: verification of training, academic accreditation and references
- Processing of all government documentation
- Client start-up pack which includes interview questions, an orientation checklist, basic daily routine, childcare ideas and menu plans
- Registration forms for you caregiver’s health care and SIN documents
- Psychological evaluation – MMPI is available (additional fees apply)
- Follow-up after placement
- One-year guarantee.
The Employee’s Role:
- Stimulating and creative play indoors and out
- Age-appropriate care
- Transporting your child to classes, athletic activities, and medical appointments
- Home care which varies from light housekeeping to full charge of all duties
- Menu planning for three meals daily and/or basicÂ meal plan/prep/serve for dinner and cocktail parties, grocery shopping, box lunches and freezer meals
- Laundry & ironing, vacuuming, dusting, washing floors, spot cleaning walls
- Evening and over night care can be arranged
- Weekend and flexible coverage
- Privacy and peace of mind