Why You Shouldn’t DIY Immigration Paperwork For Temporary Foreign Workers

Author: Preferred Nannies | | Categories: Caregiver Agency , Caregiver Jobs , Childcare Agency , Childcare Nanny , Eldercare Nanny , Live-in Caregiver , Live-in Nanny , Live-out Caregiver


In Canada, home care providers are highly sought after and in high demand. Foreign caregivers looking to work in Canada on a temporary basis, have plenty of options to choose from.

However, the requirements for a temporary foreign worker in Canada are quite extensive. For those considering taking on the immigration process, the chances of being rejected are much higher. This is because foreign workers, as well as their employers, are unaware of the right procedures, which makes working with a professional crucial.

Preferred Nannies has listed two reasons why doing your own immigration isn’t a good idea, as well as the challenges and avoidable mistakes you should consider.

1. It can cost you double the money and frustration
Making a small mistake during the procedure does incur heavy monetary penalties. Around $1000.00 in government fees is at risk, and at times, the entire process may need to be repeated. Moreover, if you or your employer fail to complete the application correctly, it may be delayed for months.

While immigration consultants charge a fee in such a circumstance, they ultimately save you time by expediting the procedure. Similarly, they correct the errors ahead of time so you don’t have to wait to finish your application form.

2. Loss of time and status
Another hurdle you could face when applying for the Temporary Foreign Worker Program is becoming “out of status,” which could cause the entire application to be rejected by immigration officials.

Do things right - hire a professional!
When it comes to the Temporary Foreign Worker paperwork, it’s critical to engage with a professional to prevent costly immigration application mistakes. They have the knowledge and experience to guide you correctly and can greatly increase the likelihood of a positive outcome in your case.

Just keep in mind that the consultant you hire must be adequately trained and knowledgeable about the visa application process standards. Anyone acting as a Canadian immigration consultant must be a member of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council, according to Canadian immigration authorities (ICCRC). They must be a Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant in order to do so (RCIC).

Temporary foreign workers are required to follow a set of rules and complete paperwork that can be complex. Fortunately, we can provide valuable information regarding the immigration process; reach out to us at Preferred Nannies. We match specialist caregivers with families that have specific needs for their children, aging relatives, or loved ones with special needs. We’ve been doing this job for almost forty years and are proud of what we’ve accomplished.

We currently service clients mainly in Alberta, BC, and Saskatchewan, but we are also available to clients across Canada.

Get in touch with us today!
To learn more about the services we offer, please click here. To get in touch with us, please click here or call us at (780) 430-7631 for our Edmonton (Head) Office or on our toll free number 1-800-899-8841